Question
Posted by: Liz | 2004/09/20

Right pill for bad circulation

I am 22 years old and have been taking Femodene ED for 2 and a half years. A year ago I had an operation to remove varicose which I inherited from both my mom and gran from opposite sides of the family. I recently read that the pill can exacerbate a bad circulation problem! I was surprised that the gynae had not mentioned this before. I am also slightly over weight but battle to lose weight since I have been on the pill - the weight doesn't help the circulation problem either. Is there a better pill for me to take? Or another form of birth control that would suit me better? Thanks for your help.

Femodene is one of the lower estrogen pills around. I suggest you discuss with your gynae about other available methods of contraception.