Question
Posted by: anon | 2006/07/24

Right hip hurts the whole hip

Hi Dr, I fell down 15 stairs in August 2005 and fractured right radius, since then my right hip gives me alot of pain had mri done in Sept 2005came back normal Xray showed early arthritis with osteophys. I have taken 3 different types of anti inflams, now my hip hurts when I lift up my leg to walk and my whole hip aches all around to my lower back only on the right hand side, the tablets help for 3 days and then the pain is back what should I do my gp said I need to see a Orthopeadic Surgeon as it is not normal to have pain all the time, an suggestions my knee at the back of the right leg also hurts now.

Dear anon
you could have hurt some of the ligaments around your hip or even a disc in your back and maybe you will need a MRI scan. Try getting some physiotherapy until you can see the orthopod.