Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2003/12/15

Ridges in nail & Supplements

I know that ridges in my nails implies that I am lacking a certain vitiman/mineral. Please advise!
I do take supplements in the form of: Spirulina, Kelp, Brewers Yeast, Potent Calcium, Alfalfa and Eve Primrose oil.
Is it necessary or beneficial for me to be taking all these supps?

Dear Tracy
Those ridges are not necessarily indicative of a deficiency and could even be genetic in origin. There are also other factors that cause ridges on the nails, including damage to the nail bed and underlying conditions such as psoriasis, so go for the checkup, preferably a Dermatologist.