Question
Posted by: Libby | 2006/10/25

Rick: Letter to H24 re Hoaxing

Rick

I support your attempts to expose the hoaxing whenever you can. I thought you may like to know that I sent an e-mail (see below) to the H24 technical fundi. Who knows, we may get lucky.

Hang in there, champ.

"I follow the H24 forums regulary, in particular, the Cybershrink and the Sexual Abuse forums. I do know that you offer this excellent service at some cost to yourselves and I know that requesting additional fucntionality may seem like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

However, it is a fact that various forums are plagued by a hoax artist (indeed, there may be more than one) and this irresponsible behaviour wastes not only the CS' valuable time, but it also serves to trivialise serious issues. The CS takes a broader view of hoaxing, in that he treats the hoaxes as genuine posts in the hope that the advice he gives may benefit another reader or readers.

You would have had numerous requests to allow usage via password and user registrations but this may contribute to a lessening of the service by restriction.

Is is not possible to publish the user's IP address along with his or her posting? I believe that this would contribute to a lessening of the tomfoolery and an increase in the general quality of the excellent free service you provide."

hmm

8
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/10/26

i hate the hoaxers just as much as you guys, but if my ip address was posted here i wouldnt post.. sorry but it is an invasion of my privacy and i use my work PC if i get some huge virus or get hacked my IT department will shoot me

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Rick | 2006/10/26

Hi Libby & Chelle - Its nice to meet kindred spirits. Note the hysteria from the hoaxer (ALL the other posts are from the same sad nutter) trying to hide behind 'privacy' and trying to downplay their damaging mischief.

I don't know if H24 will actually do this. Its a good idea and it may give the nutcases something to think about. Odd that he/she thinks it okay to post 'untrue' problems - the CS surely has better things to do than solve 'untrue' problems. What a waste of the good man's talents and time. Ah well, let see what happens.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Going crazy | 2006/10/25

For the life of me I cannot think why my question had to start a debate about everything except the question! IT IS NOT A HOAX! I am not going to defend myself based on unfounded stupid remarks by people obviously more interested in playing detectives than helping with a problem.
CS, I will give you my name, surname, email address as well as work and cell number if you require it and if it will result in you assisting me with this!

Reply to Going crazy
Posted by: Chelle | 2006/10/25

I have visited forums where IP addresses are reflected for everyone to see. Only people who really don't have anything better to do, and who are major super sleuths, and who hack into ISP networks can trace someone based on an IP addy. So, I don't know what the real problem is.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: J | 2006/10/25

where does it says it is illegal to post untrue problems?

it is not a crime, just stupid. you cannot do anything against these people....just ignore.

Reply to J

Thanx 'Never' hope this twat will read and remember

Posted by: Never | 2006/10/25

It is against privacy regulations to publish someones IP address when the site advertises as an anonymous forum.

Reply to Never

Kids.... ai tog