Posted by: christine | 2009/07/20

rib pain

i sated getting a pain on my rib (especially at the front) for three weeks now. ive been to the docter twice. i had xrays done but the rib isnt broken.
the docter says its inflammation in the muscle so she gave me anti-inflammatories. but the anti-inflammatories arent working... they dont even help for the pain!
could she have diagnosed it wrongly? is there another explanation for this constant pain? how long does the pain last?
it hurst when i breath in deeply, lie on my back, move my right arm alot and try and lie on my right side or try and sit up.
the pain is in the rib right under my breast in the front just next to the breastbone.
please help :)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Christine
You may have Tietze syndrome
Try heat and ask your doctor if she could maybe inject you with some cortisone?
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.