Question
Posted by: Tao | 2004/03/09

rhymen<br>stopped pill what now?

I am a 19 year old girl I was on the pill for 6 months and stopped taking the pill end of january .. My mom told me about the rhythem method where day 1 the first day of my period is safe for ten days from there it is unsafe for 10 days where i will use condoms.. then safe till next period. how safe would this be as i realy dont want to be on the pill anymore and cannot fall pregnant.. your advise would be realy helpful , my mom swears by this method though just little uncertain . thanks

The rhythm is much less safe than the Pill, as ovulation does not always occur at the expected time.