Posted by: loxi | 2012/06/26

rheumatoid arthritis

hi, hope you''re well.

how is rheumatoid arthritis treated in south africa?
i know people have to try reduce stress etc....

i do not find meds like ibuprofen helpful, so i''m wondering what else there is. is celebrex safe?

would an xray see if one has ra of the jaw and skull?

thanks for your help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult a doctor for special tests to confirm the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Your doctor will take x-rays and do certain blood tests to make a diagnosis and to determine the severity of the disease. Treatment with oral anti-inflammatories, like Ibuprofen, is not optimal therapy. Celebrex can be beneficial but specialised medication and oral cortisone is much more useful to treat the disease. Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease and eats away the joints and cause severe discomfort. Therefore, it is very important to treat this condition aggressively and accurately.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.