Posted by: Gabi | 2009/05/20

Rheumatoid Arthritis

My mom has slightly elevated Rheumatoid Factor and will be seeing a Rheumatologist, should I be tested as well. I am 28, exercise and eat moderately well. I do experience joint stiffness &  pain in my fingers and wrists (more so in winter). I work as a Sport Massage therapist so I take joint support (Arthaway) for the pain etc. Is there anything else I can take just to keep any inflammation &  stiffness down. Would you recommend additional exercising and change in diet?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Gabi
If you have symptoms it may be worthwhile to have yourself tested - if you have rheumatoid arthritis in your family, the earlier you begin treatment the better
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Gabi | 2009/05/21

Thanks Dr Bets, normally what would the treatment be? The symptoms I feel are slightly achey joints esp when it is cold. Once I have taken my joint support pills I feel fine, there is no morning stiffness &  I am not feeling fatigued. What test should I have?

Reply to Gabi

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.