Question

Rheumatism

im not good with afrikaans otherwise i would've understood the previous message.
Iam 27ys mother of 5month baby girl, one month after the baby was born i developed a burning pain and stiff muscles on my right wrist (the thumb muscles and wristbone are worse), i went to different doc including physiotherapist with no luck, the last doc took some blood test and i was diagnosed with RHEUMATISM, the one week treatment he gave me helped me for a while but now the pain is back again.
what could've caused the disease? i grew up associating rheumatism with old people who were exposed to lot of cold in their body (may be a myth). what traetment can i get from the pharmacy that will take this pain away for good? any nutrition advise?the pain is really making my life miserable i cant even play and cuddle my baby without feeling the pain.

Anon

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Anon
Please ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist who can do a thorough investigation and prescribe the correct treatment. I presume the treatment that was originally prescribed was anti-inflammatory drugs. If this really helped, you can also contact that doctor again. There are various types of arthritis and I cannot really comment on what you have. Osteo-arthritis is the wear and tear changes that we experience in our joints as we grow older and it is also very dependant on the type of activities we did(e.g sports etc). It is therefore not limited to "old" people, but get an expert to examine you. It cannot be nice for you not to be able to play with your baby.