Question
Posted by: Sarie | 2004/10/17

Rhesusfactor

Both my husband and I have a A- bloodtype our first born has the same bloodtype. I am pregnant again are there any way that there could be a problem with the new babys blood I heard something about my antibodies atacking the baby.

You can check if you have antibodies or not. The rhesus factor is a different kind of antibody to the bloodgroup meb
ntioned above though. You could both go for a rhesus blood group check

1
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/18

As far as I am aware, if both you and your husband are negative then there should be no problem. However, if you are neagtive and your husband is positive then the baby could be positive which can cause some comoplications.

As doc says, have your antibodies tested. Sounds like you should o thave developed any which is a good thing. You may have to have Anti-D injections at 32 and 36 weeks of pregnancy. And after birth. Ask your gynae for advice on this.

Reply to Kate