Posted by: leigh | 2008/06/15

rh pregnancy

Sorry I think you misunderstood, I do not have a problem falling pregnant however by producing anti bodies there is a strong chance I could have a baby with positive blood group and I am negative, this is where risks are invloved. There dont seem to be many specialists in south africa dealing with this.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I hear what you are saying. you need to see an obstetrician witha special interest in feto-maternal medicine and there are a few around especially in the teaching hospitals

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: leigh | 2008/06/18

thanks everyone for the replys especially to the doc! x

Reply to leigh
Posted by: leigh | 2008/06/17

I have just had a miscarriage and I AM producing anti bodies so next pregnancy will have to be monitored carefully, thats my concern. I was given rhogam after frist pregnancy and after miscarriage but didnt help unfortunately Now is the heart breaking decision whether to try for another pregnancy with the riskds involved...

Reply to leigh
Posted by: Zee | 2008/06/17

Same here, I'm O- and LO is B+ as long as you didnt have any bleeding and you and you lo blood doesnt mix you and baby will be fine, after delivery I also received the rhogam injection for future pregnancies

Reply to Zee
Posted by: Nell | 2008/06/16

Hi Leigh,

I am rh negative as well. If it is your first pregnancy and have had no bleeding or any other trauma then you will be ok until the birth.

My baby, who was born 3 months ago, is positive and after the birth her cord blood was tested and i was given the rhogam injection. So that for future pregancies, should the babies blood type be positive again then i will be fine.

The only time you should worry is if you've had a failed pregnancy and not received any treatment for it. You do not need a specialist doctor for this.

Hope this helps

Reply to Nell

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.