Posted by: ASH | 2009/01/30


Goodday- I started at a company in the year 2006 - I was offered a package in writing - this was a fixed salary and a stand by allowance - since I was and still am on 24 hour call out -

Management called me into the office today and advised that they have reviewed my salary and they want to deduct stand by allowance completely out of the package - the amount is R5700 - which is alot of money and I have a bond to pay -
Can this be done - or can I dispute the matter
please help -
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer


You can raise a grievance and certainly can refer the matter to the CCMA if you feel that you haven't been properly consulted with regard to the salary reduction.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: AJ | 2009/01/30

I don' t see how they can do that because they' re breaking their part of a legally binding agreement + in the process U are being put in a disadvantaged situation. Whatever U do DON' T agree to it or sign anything. Call a dispute + if they still insist on this then report them to dep. of labour or go to C.C.M.A. I think they' re taking a fat chance. Just don' t let them get away with it. Also in todays current economic climate some companies use this as an excuse to do nasty + unlawful things.

Reply to AJ

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.