Question
Posted by: geraar | 2008/07/15

reverse sterilasation

Dear Sir,

I am male and 46 years old. I had an sterilisation +/- 12 years ago by cutting the sperm tubes.

I have a new partner and would like to have a child.

What can we do about this and what are the chances to reverse this sterilisation?

Dear Geraar

Reversibility of a vasectomy is possible. It is a surgical procedure to try and get the two tubes to be patent again. The success rate of a vasectomy is probably in the region of about 25%. I would suggest that at the same time as you are having a vasectomy then the urologist should do a testicular biopsy so that sperm can be obtained and this sperm can be frozen. If your vasectomy reversal is then not successful these sperms that have been obtained through the biopsy could then be used for in vitro fertilization and ICSI procedure to achieve a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr Y. Dasoo

2
Posted by: MARTIAAN | 2008/08/30

GOOD LUCK, I KNOW HOW IT FEELS

Reply to MARTIAAN
Posted by: MARTIAAN | 2008/08/30

GOOD DAY, I AM 29 AND WOULD LIKE TO REVERSE MY STERILASATION, HAD IT DONE +/- 6 YEARS AGO.
WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A CHILD WITH MY NEW HUSBAND. VERY BAD EXPIERENCE IN THE PAST THAT IS WHY I GOT THE STERILASARTION IN THE FIRST PLACE. PLEASE HELP,!

Reply to MARTIAAN