Posted by: Chico | 2008/05/22

Reverse of op on male

I had an op to stop me from having children dont know what they caal it .Then 6-7 years later i remarried and a year ago the op was reversed up to know i have still no sperm count the dok says i have to try the op again but my med aid does not pay for it and it is R15000 at least what are my options , I am 41 know and was 33 when i first got the op and it was reversed when i 40

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Chico

Your best option would be to do a small procedure called a testis biopsy and to obtain sperm via this route, which can then be frozen for future use in a fertility programme. Many vasectomy reversals fail and even if it had been successful it would be unlikely to have sufficient quality for natural conception anyway. Therefore your testis biopsy option should be seriously considered.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dee | 2008/05/22

Please read all the posts on this site regarding vasectomy reversal, I have given alot of advice of other options over the past few days.

Reply to Dee

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.