Posted by: TAECIA | 2008/08/12

Reversal sterilisation

Good day

I`m a 35 year old divorced mom with two boys,age 14 and 5.we sooo much have the urge to have a daughter and sister in our lives,meaning myself,my fiance and children but the bad part is that I got sterilised after my youngest son.

I want to apply for a medical aid,that will be able to reverse it for me.Will you perhaps be able to tell me which one.I spoke to our broker at work and she told me that Prosano have a type of medical aid for that.

Is there any other way and is it 100 secure?



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFertility expert

Dear Taecia

I do not know of any medical aid that will pay for a reversal of sterilization. The success of reversal of sterilization is not 100%. It depends entirely on the type of sterilization done, the length of the fallopian tubes that are left over after the reversal and if the fimbria are healthy. In the best of hands the chances of success is around 40%. The other alternative to a reversal of sterilization is, in-vitro fertilization, which also has a success rate of 40%.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.