Posted by: Mitsi | 2004/01/27

Reversal of Sterilisation

I am 40 years old. All my children have been raised and are out of home and previously I was divorced. I am now happily married and my husband and I would like to try for a child. I need to have one soon. I know we have to start with a gynae, who will refer us to whomever concerned. We want to bypass this and get the sperm planted directly without having the whole process reversed, can this be done and where? Time is of the essence to us, and any other suggestions would be most welcome!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You could have IVF instead of a reversal. This would be a much more complicated and costly procedure and you would still have to go through a gynaecologist. You cannot just have the sperm inseminated as they cannot reach the eggs with the tubes blocked.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.