Question
Posted by: Mitsi | 2004/01/27

Reversal of Sterilisation

I am 40 years old. All my children have been raised and are out of home and previously I was divorced. I am now happily married and my husband and I would like to try for a child. I need to have one soon. I know we have to start with a gynae, who will refer us to whomever concerned. We want to bypass this and get the sperm planted directly without having the whole process reversed, can this be done and where? Time is of the essence to us, and any other suggestions would be most welcome!

You could have IVF instead of a reversal. This would be a much more complicated and costly procedure and you would still have to go through a gynaecologist. You cannot just have the sperm inseminated as they cannot reach the eggs with the tubes blocked.