Posted by: Tess | 2008/10/22

Returning Bruise

I fell through a wooden deck about 10months ago. My one leg got stuck, I did not broke any bones. But had a very painful leg with the lower leg being bruised completely. No thrombosis was identified. My concern is that the part of my leg just under the knee doesn' t seem to heal. The bruise (light) appears exactly the same place constantly with varying symptomes like pins and needles and or pain and if I' ve overdone it a swollen leg.
I do understand that I' ve damaged some of the upper vains and that the heeling proses is a long term one but after 10months shouldn' t I have completely recovered?

Dear Tess
You may have venous insufficiency in the leg due to the injury - see a vascular surgeon as you may need further tests like a venogram to identify the cause, and to determine what can be done about it.

Posted by: Tess | 2008/10/24

Reply to Tess