Question
Posted by: Jeronkie | 2005/07/15

Retroverted uterus

3 Years ago i was dignosed with PCOS this was the cause of me failing to fall pregnant after several drugs priscribed by my gynea and a laporoscopy i finally fell pregnant after a year. I now have a healthy 18 month old son. Weve been trying to conceive again as my gynea said that my changes will be slimer second time round. I went for a second opinion and was told that i dont have PCOS but a retreverted uterus, once again told that i will have difficulty falling pregnant. What do i do know and who do i believe now please help as i am very confused. I'll be 28 soon and i want to have another baby before iam 30.

The important thing is to see whether you are ovulating. If you are, there shouldn't be a problem. The retroverted uterus will not prevent pregnancy.

3
Posted by: lerita | 2005/07/15

I have a retroverted uterus. Fell easily pregnant with my second child. I t really doesn't have an effect on falling pregnant. Bianca has some good advise

Reply to lerita
Posted by: Bianca | 2005/07/15

I have a retrovert uterus. I have not fallen pregnant yet - although ttc. My gynae and a nurse that I spoke to at a fertility clinic said that it would not have any real effect on falling pregnant. The only advise my doc gave me was to "do it" in different positions. He also said that I should lie on my tummy for a few mins after intercourse.
Try this - I hope it helps.

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: breez | 2005/07/15

I have a retrovert Uterus too - fertlity specialist says it has absolutely no bearing on faling pregnant. my previous gynae said the same. It is very possible that the pCOS is gone if it was related ti insulin problems. Perhaps they have corrected themselves. See someone else if it is bothering you. i stuck with a gynae for a year who said i just had PCOS and the meds would sort it out. went for 2nd opion with Fertility Specialist only to find all sorts of other things wrong. tried new guy cause GP said that you need to feel confident with the care you are geeting - otherwise go to someone else. it was the best advice he could have given me.

Reply to breez