Question
Posted by: Snoopy | 2007/06/04

Restricted Foreskin

Good day,

I've heard of a condition where a man's foreskin gets restricted and he then has to have an operation to correct this. Are you born with this condition or can it develop later in life? Is surgery the only option?

Thank you.

Dear Snoopy
Some people are born with it, some develop it later on in life due to trauma or infection. The foreskin can be gently stretched under anaesthesia, and only if this does not help, surgery can be considered. I think you should see an urologist and read this article: http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/360/main.html