Question
Posted by: | 2015/02/05

restless legs

Hi, is there anything I can take for very bad restless legs? I can't sleep because of it.

Expert ImageVitamin Expert
- 2015/02/06

Good day,

B-vitamins and Magnesium are most often recommended to support in the treatment and prevention of restless legs.
However, it often does not work and that may be an indication that the restless legs is linked to low iron levels.
Iron levels can only be effectively determined through a blood test - so I would like to recommend that you do this test first.
If your iron levels are low, take an iron supplement.
If your iron levels are normal, you can also try the magnesium and vitamin B-complex combination.
Kind regards,
Andrea du Plessis