Question
Posted by: Johan | 2008/01/10

restless leggs

Hi Doc, I am a 38 year old smoking male and suffer from restless legg cyndrome. My doctor prescribed Molipaxin. However I see on the internet that this is an anti-depressant. I am not depressed, my legs ache so much that I cannot sleep. Do you agree with this treatment?
Johan venter

Hallo Johan
"Anti depressants" are not always used only for depression - they work very well in chronic pain, restless leg syndrome, anxiety disorders and is even used for bladder problems sometime! The reason for this is that they work on the chemicals in the brain, that have overlapping functions. Give it a try!

1
Posted by: Roelof | 2008/04/17

hi

I am 33, still a bit overweight. Exercise 5 times a week. Cycling, running and minimum weights. I am taking .25mg requip for my restless leggs and some times a double dosage, but lately it is getting worse. I take sched 5-6 sleeping tablets with pain killers and I still wake up with the numb pain in my leggs and then I MUST walk. What is worse is that my 6 year old son seems to have it. I find him swinging his legs in bed at midnight and when I ask what is wrong he says his legs are making him crazy. Please help??

Reply to Roelof