Question
Posted by: maria | 2007/04/21

restless leg syndrome

I suffer from the above syndrome and have also been using hormone replacement therapy for last 5 months. I feel my condition is being aggravated by these patches. The aches have also spread to my buttocks and down back of legs. I can't sleep and live on pain killers. Any advice?

Dear Maria
Restless leg syndrome is irritating and uncomfortable but should not be giving you this level of pain - I think there is something else wrong: sciatica or disc prolapse or neural root compression. You probably need to see an orthopod.