Question
Posted by: Bess | 2007/05/07

Resting and sleeping?

Dear Doc

I would just like some clarity from you. If you are in bed and resting, that is, you are wide awake and can not sleep, is this considered as sleep time?

Dear Bess
No just lying in bed and resting without sleeping, is not regarded as 'sleep time'. Your body and brain need to switch off completely and you need to sleep properly to obtain the benefits from sleep. If you struggle to fall asleep I would suggest that you discuss this with your dr. Also try having a glass of warm milk and honey before you got to bed, because they amino acid tryptophan in milk acts as a mild sedative.