Question
Posted by: linda | 2007/05/19

respatory tract;kidneys

When breathing out,especially at night, I start coughing. I also wake up with a scratchy throat during the night and cough non stop. Have tried numerous mixtures,but it only helps for a little while. I have lower back pain. ? Kidney. ? Muscle pain. The pain is in the area just above my buttocks on both sides of the spine.

Hi Linda
You probably have a post nasal drip - let your GP have a look as you may need antibiotics. The lower back pain could be caused by the SI joints where the spine and the hip bones come together. Anti-inflammatories and physiotherapy should help.