Posted by: heidi | 2008/09/26

Resonse to Posting 420

I find Cybervet' s response to Posting 420 cold and uncaring (" Life is sometimes hard" ). Couldn' t you refer the person to Cybershrink if you feel that dealing with the emotional side of putting your beloved dog down, doesn' t fall within your field of expertise. Surely you don' t think you are dealing with animals only? You are dealing with companion animals - that includes the owner!

Dear Heidi

I'm sure Santjie could manage her way to Cybershrink if she needs him. I always cry at the end of Gladiator movie where he is killed and then finds himself in the long grass running to his family in the after life. Do you think a respons on this note would have been better? I hope you have sent Santjies some decent flowers, thanks.

Posted by: Acineth | 2008/09/30

If you feel strongly about this complain to the South African Veterinary Council.

Reply to Acineth
Posted by: heidi | 2008/09/29

Dear Anon#2

His unprofessional response to Posting 420 (as well as my posting above) makes me wonder why he is doing this job...

Reply to heidi
Posted by: Anon#2 | 2008/09/29

It' s easy to check, Heidi - read the Cybervet' s bio at the top of his forum.

Reply to Anon#2
Posted by: heidi | 2008/09/29

Are you really a vet or just somebody trying (very hard) to be funny??

Reply to heidi
Posted by: sparrowhwke | 2008/09/26

Hey i agree but i dont think hes being hard he wouldnt be a vet if he didnt have a passion for it u somtimes need to distance urself from a animal to do the right thing for it if he didnt id think hed be at a shrink everyday theres always two sides . dont forget about her and remember u gave her a great life u did the right thing imagane haveing to put peoples pets down for a living its is just as bad for a vet too, they are just better at hiding there feelings than we are

Reply to sparrowhwke
Posted by: Anon#2 | 2008/09/26

That' s what the rest of us are here for, Heidi - to support and sympathise.

Reply to Anon#2
Posted by: butch | 2008/09/26

your pets are like your children -there is enough time spent with them and a lot of love given as well -i was devasted when i had to my labby down -i got her when she was a couple months old -the couple was getting divorced and they took her to the spca in maraisburg- that is where igot her - she was a huge lady and everytime she saw me i had to carry her- all she needed was love. you will never forget your pet and i see now reason why you cannot greive for her -i hope with time it will get easier

Reply to butch
Posted by: m | 2008/09/26

It is hard to loose a pet. Pets are like family. Especially if u spend all day with them. I agree with you Heidi.

Reply to m