Question
Posted by: Birdie | 2006/11/03

Rescue drops for bird

Is it safe to give rescue drops to an indian ringneck. I've heard that it makes them calmer and not make so much noise - screaming. Somebody told me to put one drop in his water every day. We've done so for 2 days, but sometimes it seems to 'overdoze' him and he just sits and stares! I do want him to stop screaming, but I do not want to cause him any harm. Is it dangerous, should we stop? Or is it safe to give every day?

I'm not sure that rescue drops are safe for the bird.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2006/11/03

You must never ever give stuff to your bird unless you KNOW FOR 100% SURE THAT IT IS SAFE!!

Birds react VERY differently to things that are absolutely harmless or even beneficial to humans or mammals.

It may be that rescue drops are fine for birds - but the thing to do is to ask first, and find out, not to experiment.

If your vet isn't an expert, you can phone Onderstepoort and ask for an avian expert - they will give you the answer. Don't take chances with this, because you could easily end up regretting it.

Reply to Chill