Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2007/04/03

RESCUE?

Hi CV,
Would just like to hear your thoughts on Rescue Remedy?
I have a border collie female, 4, she is petrified of any noise, thunder and clapping sounds. She lies mostly in a corner in the lounge. She is very lovable but I can't take her to a crowded place for example a flea market for she would pull on the lead towards the car the whole time! I walk with her every evening and then she is fine untill a car backfires or some noise upsets her.....!

Rescue remedy works very well in some animals and appears to have no effect in others. You will need to use if for a couple of weeks before you can decide if it is useful or not. Using a DAP vapourizer in your home and desensitizing cds can be useful to get her used to loud sounds. Let me know if you need assistance with this.

4
Posted by: Butterfly | 2007/04/04

Thanks Juliet......how many do you give her- I got the tabs.
I found out about DAP - R285 for the difuser
R189 for the refill, and then you must replace the difuser every 6 months.....
the CD's interest me though...

Reply to Butterfly
Posted by: Juliet | 2007/04/04

I have the same problem with my border collie (but she is about 10 years old). If you know thunder is approaching start giving her rescue remedy earlier so that they are already calm by the time the thunder comes. I also have dashhunds and rescue remedy has no effect on them

Reply to Juliet
Posted by: Butterfly | 2007/04/03

Yes, I need to know more. Have read you mentioning this quite a lot - is it available at most vets?

Reply to Butterfly
Posted by: ABC | 2007/04/03

Try eco-calm. You can either give it to her diirectly or give it to her in her drinking water. My vet gave me cloni-calm for my 2 year old Dobermann and it calmed her. She's still lively, just "grown-up" now, it's like the puppyness is outgrown now, if you know what I mean.

Reply to ABC