Posted by: Tenda | 2009/04/15

Reputable legal eagle urgently wanted

Hi all,

I'  ve situation here, my bro is a manager, he heads the branch where he'  s and has abt 65 people reporting to him. As can be expected in a normal working environment, there'  s opposition here and there and cliques.

He got ill some few weeks backs and had to be hospitalised for abt three weeks, during this time his seniors came to visit him and needless to say were highly aware of the fact that he has reported his illness to them. He found out through some of his colleagues during his stay at the hospital that someone else has been appointed in his position. This was confirmed to him by his seniors just before the long easter weekend, they asked him to come to the head office and relayed this to him. They said his team has complained of his management style, they did not elaborate exactly what that is, they said they saw it fit to transfer him to a smaller branch for the benefit of his health.

His illness is not at all physical nor does it hinder him to perfom his responsibilities, he has never been sick to raise an eyebrow before until a few weeks back, his illness is stress related, something he has not even disclosed to them as yet. He has requested time to think the new offer over and has requested them to put it in black and white and they are refusing to write the letter because we suspect they are aware they did not follow the right labour processes.

He was never charged nor has he been before, there has been no complaint. His seniors further said he can go back to his branch if he wants to. The humiliation he suffered? Someone must take responsibility. Anyone to help? Referrals or even advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanx guys!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re; Reputable legal eagle urgently wanted

It is suggested that your brother get a proper medical opinion from possibly a phsycatrist and it might mean that he might have to get "boarded"

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tenda | 2009/04/16

Thank you very much Maxwell, I really do appreciate your help.

Reply to Tenda
Posted by: maxwell | 2009/04/16

Your bro has been unfairly treated, and if his seniours are refusing to put what they are suggesting in writing, there are two options, 1. He must also verbaly tell them that he feels he is unfairly treted and that he does not accept their proposal, and if they force him he can take them to the CCMA.


He may instruct his lawyer to deal with matter

Reply to maxwell

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.