Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/10

Reporting a therapist

I went for a 70% TCA chemical peel. The person who performed it at a beauty clinic/salon said she was qualified to perform it and showed me the courses she had done. The peel was a complete failure and I have much more damage and acne than before. Is there a mandatory/statiotory assossiation or body wich a beauty salon/clinic has to belong to ,as stated by law , I can report the insident to? What is the name?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response, but I have just returned from my London clinic.

My advice would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options. I am not sure how long ago the procedure was performed but one needs to be careful that scarring and pigmentation do not develop after the peel.

Please contact the SA SPA Association at and/or Dr Nadine de Freitas at Les Nouvelles Esthetiques to find the appropriate bodies to complain.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.