Posted by: Nasha | 2009/03/04

Reply of post 85

Hi Doc. The eye cream did' nt cause the whiteheads because i already had it when i started using the eye cream. I thought that the eye cream will take it away but it didnt! What can i do to remove the whiteheads? I had acne about 3 years ago but it' s gone now but i still take doxycal for my skin.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nasha, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and give you the correct diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment.

Mild acne consists of small lesions, such as blackheads, whiteheads or pustules, which appear at or near the surface of the skin. As such, mild cases of acne can sometimes be controlled at home by:
Gently washing the affected area(s) with warm water and a mild soap twice a day to remove dead skin cells and excess oil or consider using NeoStrata Clarifying Facial Wash.
Using a topical (applied to the skin) over-the-counter acne treatment containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid such as NeoStrata Clear Skin Solution.

Use only oil free topical products and moisturizers such as NeoStrata Oil Free Lotion SPF 15.
Most mild acne can be controlled by gently washing the affected area(s) and using a topical preparation, such as benzoyl peroxide.
At-home treatment requires 4-8 weeks to see improvement. Once acne clears, treatment must be continued to prevent new lesions from forming.
Even mild cases of acne may require the help of a dermatologist. If the acne does not respond to at-home treatment, a dermatologist can assess the situation and determine an appropriate therapy. In these cases, combination therapy (two or more treatments) may be used. Combination therapy may include use of a prescription topical antimicrobial or topical retinoid.
These prescription topicals can be very effective in clearing mild acne.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.