Question
Posted by: night time-crazyness | 2008/01/27

REPLY : is this sexsomnia? 21/1/2008

To the expert :
thank you your reply....
The person who gave me the sleeping pills was my GP.
as I was having trouble falling asleep.
and woke up multiple times a night.At first my Dr. thought
I might be in menopause as I am 54 years old and also having
trouble with menstruations and headaches and sweating at night.
he Done a hormone test, wich showed that my hormanes were actually
still good and he said that i might be in the early stages of
menopause.
He then gave me a sleeping pill to help me fall asleep at night.
I read in the articles I got from the net that a drug used to treat
Alzeimers and parkinsons and even skisofrenia has been used to control
the sleeping disorder [sexsomnia and even sleep walking] Other treatment
mentioned was muscle relaxants, I this wee k bought myself- Norflex
wich is a muscle relaxant and have used it three times, and all three
those nights I have apparently not had the sexual activity that I
explained in my previous message..

ABOUT THE EXISTANCE OF SLEEPSEX OR SEXSOMNIA as it is now named.
one of the articles I got from the net
about the sleeping disorder "sexsomnia" or '
sleep sex 'was an article
of the 'STANFORD school of medcine '
AND THE ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY
Dr. CHRISTIAN gIULEMINAULT,
MD, PROFESSOR of psychiatry.

answer to the other replies I had :
No I was never as child abused in sexual way.
Although had a mom that had a drinking problem
and she got quite aggresive at such times, and made
us kids and Dads life as difficult as she possibly could.
She also used to tell me that I make her life a missery as I had
polio as child as well and struggled with my leg a lot.So there
was as child always unhappinees present as far as my mom was concerned.

Firstly, there is absolutely no such thing as "sexsomnia". That's the good news ! Dr gIULEMINAULT is entitkled to her opinion, but she has completely failed to convince the medical or psychiatrisc world at large that her theory or idea is correct or useful.
Various other meds contain sedatives. For instance Norflex, Lenapain and many others contain one of several sedative antihistamines or similar meds, which can indeed help one to sleep --- but again one must be careful to avoid taking them in increasing doses or for too many nights in a row, as there would still be a risk of becoming dependent on them.
Sorry to hear of the unhappy childhood. Have you now completely recovered from the polio ? If not, it would be interesting to note whether the norflex or anything similar had any effect on residual symptoms. But most of the meds claiming to be "muscle relaxants" either are not so, or only very weakly so, and only at doses that make one falling-over unsteady.

2
Posted by: MAMMA D | 2008/09/11

HI.

MY OORLEDE BROER SE OORLEDE VROU WAS DESTYDS GEDIAGNOSEER AS A SKISOFREEN EN HET BEHANDELING GEKRY. UIT HIERDIE HUWELIK IS TWEE KINDERS GEBORE - `N SEUN EN `N DOGTER. DIE SEUN VERMOED EK KAN DIESELFDE SIEKTE, MAAR EK IS NIE DOODSEKER NIE. KANU MY Sê  WAT EK MOET MAAK OM DIE TOETSE TE DOEN. U KAN OOK VIR MY DIE SIMPTOME DAN DEURGEE.

EK IS BAIE BEKOMMERD OOR HO.

BAIE DANKIE.

Reply to MAMMA D

Thank you for the sound advice!
The Norflex that I have tried seems t o be helping my problem a bit.
I started taking them in this manner...first night I took 2 tabs.
second night 1+1/2 tab. and third night I took 1 only, and it also worked. I definatly wil lnot take increased dosages. and wil lnot take norflex more than three times a week if possible.
As far as the unhappy childhood is concerned, i have actually come to forgive my mom and now just feel sorr yfor her, she passed away 13 years ago in a very sad way, she commited suicide, and that is one of the things that will make me to NEVER get addicted to any drug or alcohol.
as for the polio...i do struggle a lot with my leg as it is 5cm shorter tha nthe other one, and for the past 10 years i have had trouble with osteo arthritis , I used to be overweight and 2 years ago decided to do something about my weight ,so I lsot 30kg, I a mcurrently feeling that I a mstrting to walk more difficult again, and have over the past 6 months gained 7 kg again, I now am on a diet to try and shed the bit I put on before it gets out of hand again. as far as I can see the norflex is not affecting my leg by making it feel
weaker. as I dont take it during the daytime at all.
My biggest problem at the moment is the night time problem I

Reply to night time-crazyness