Question
Posted by: Stef | 2007/06/05

Reply 2 404 & Gay Men needing FREE Couns

Hey, Stef here (Many of u will know me from Ferny's Post - Im here SON)

I would like to comment on a lot of young gay men being so unsure of coming out, and who to speak to, and having so many issues with secrecy and privacy! Believe me, I know all about it, I was right where u were a few years ago! I also had no one to talk to, and this was very hard, as I had so many questions that I wanted answered!

I am now graduating with my Honours in Psych, and about to Start my internship. I am also a Lifeline Counsellor (this is a phone in and face to face service offered to the community - free of charge). I am out at the Lifeline Centre and of recently I am one of their Gay Counsellors

What I want to offer to any of you guys or girls who are wanting to come out and chat about being gay, is the offer of calling Lifeline. I am on duty every now and then, but what u can do is call the centre and tell them u want to speak to a gay counsellor, and the person on duty is OBLIGED to take ur name and number down, and then they pass it onto the director and the director gives it to me and i call u back! Then we chat... please think about it... i promise not to freak u out! im someone who has walked in similar shoes to yours! he he

I am with the PE Lifeline centre so you would need to phone our direct number in order to speak to me, which is 041 - 373 8666 (the counselling number)

Good Luck
and maybe we'll be chatting soon

STEF

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Thanks Stef :)

Kay you're wrong. Stef is not supplying his personal contact details - he's promoting a gay-friendly service. What's YOUR agenda?

3
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2007/06/05

Kay. What are you afraid of. A pandemic of goodwill?

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Chamboy | 2007/06/05

Hi Kay!

I doubt that this is what is meant by not giving out details and he is not soliciting people... this is a free service and the information is not PERSONAL contact details but rather that of a nation wide service available... i for one am glad that Stef posted this because i wasnt aware that life line provided gay counselors...

And to Stef, thanks to you and your mum my days have become a bit brighter

Reply to Chamboy
Posted by: Kay. | 2007/06/05

Are we breaking a rule here? H24, please delete this post as he's advertising his service and giving out his contact details! It can start a pandemic!

Using abusive or foul language
Using the forum for the purposes of cybersex or as a chat facility
Making sarcastic comments about problems users experience
Attacking other users and their views
Giving out personal contact details

Reply to Kay.