Question
Posted by: NEL | 2007/02/28

REPLACEMENT FOR RETALIN

My son has a problem with concentration, he is not hyperactive and impossible he just struggles to focus on his school work. The educational therapist has suggest that I watch his diet and if this does not work to look at medication.

If you know of any herbal medication that can help him please let me know as I don’t want to put him on retalin

There are absolutely NO gerbal products of any use in this situation. Ritalin and Concerta do help some kids, and should not be avoided IF the diagnosis and recommendation has been made by a competent child shrink or paediatrician. The only non-prescription product for which there is some accumulating evidence of value in this sort of situation, is Eye-Q

3
Posted by: also NEL | 2007/02/28

Hello Nel....my daughter was also on Concerta however i found that she became a 'dud"...i.e. too relaxed / not being the normal livey child she is supposed to be. I stopped the medication and put her on eye Q and she is doing very well...getting 100% marks for her tests.

Good luck!

Reply to also NEL
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/02/28

I have a GREAT product for you that's natural! Please e-mail me at nnbpart at yahoo dot com

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/02/28

Nel, two of my friends took their sons off Ritalin and they're doing very well on Eye Q (Omega fatty acids), but each child is different and Eye Q didn't have the desired effect on my youngest son (he has ADHD with concentration problems). I tried to avoid Ritalin at all costs, but after trying almost every herbal products I could lay my hands on, costing me a fortune with no improvement in my son, I've had to opt for Concerta and the improvement in my son, is worth it. I hope you find a solution for your boy, and good luck!

Reply to Buzz