Question
Posted by: C | 2005/12/07

Repeat of bladder infection

10 Days ago I was treated for a bladder infection with Augmaxill (500mg) and Scopex. Three days after I finished the medication the same symptoms re-appeared. My doctor now prescribed Tafloc Ofloxacin (200mg). Is this a stronger antibiotic and will it clear up the infection? My symptoms are: blood in my urine, no burning during urination but a sharp pain right after I urinated. I feel the need to go to the loo all the time, but sometimes there is nothing coming out . It also feels as if my bladder is never properly empty.

It is a stronger antibiotic. If you have not responded to the first antibiotic, your doctor should send a urine sample to the laboratory to determine which antibiotic the infection is sensitive to.