Question
Posted by: bullet | 2005/12/07

Reoccuring stooling

i'm a 33 yrs old man,i had fever a month ago and was treated for it,two weeks later,the malaria came again but with stomach cramp and stoolings.It first started as an urge to visit the toilet later i began using the toilet but in the mornings only.I visited the Hospital and a series of test were carried out,test for malaria parasite,full blood count and a scan to see whats going on in my bowels,all tests proved negative apart from the malaria parasite and i was given Halfan to use which i'd completed.I have used tetracycline and flagy tablets but the stooling still occurs in the morning and i still fill constipated and cramps in my stomach.I pass out gas frequently from the month and i'm still not 100% fit.The doctor says nothing is wrong with me but i get scared when morning approaches and i stool.Help!

Dear Bullet,
Ask your Dr to send away a bit of the stool to the lab, maybe you picked up a parasite, which can be resistant to antibiotics. Did they check that your blood is totally clear of the malaria?