Question
Posted by: Betty | 2006/11/01

Renovation Woes

Hello, Please give me some info on stress related to doing renovations at home, while living there, with a small baby... my husband and I are about to get divorced. Is this common?...or are we behaving like kids.

I don't think there's anything specific about this, among so many other forms of stress ---dealing with ANYTHiNG extra when one has a new baby, can be highly sressful ; and renovations always are. But to seriously contemplate divorce in such a situation is rather silly. Renovations will end ; stress can be dealt with, and maybe what;s needed are some marital renovations, with a marriage counsellor, eg through FAMSA ?

2
Posted by: buffs | 2006/11/01

the weekend my hubby and i moved into our new house we almost killed each other... its just so frustrating to want the job done but to take the time to actually do it. you want it finished and you want it finished now.

I eventually made him drive with my brother and my brothers girlfriend came with me, things improved after that as we were not together constantly so couldnt bicker like 6 year olds

Reply to buffs
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/01

yes it is common, what people dont realise is that haveing your home fixed up means tearing it down, and in doing that you feel homeless, you dont realise the stress it puts everyone under. you carry on trying to live life as normal as posible but forgetting that it is imposible to do so. i would sugest you have a few sessions in counseling to help you through this period and make sure you guys dont carry over resentment from this period once it is over. people think that doing up ones home is supposed to be fun and new but it actualy gets far to much to deal with and with a baby it makes it harder. that is why you should have a renovations co ordinator, thing is trying to find one. i was going to do it for a while but people dont realise the need for one until everything is in caos and the damage is done.

Reply to kat