Question
Posted by: honeygal | 2005/07/19

renova cream

is this cream just another retin-a type cream or does it do something diffenret. My skin has cleared afer use of roaccutane and someone told me after roaccutane, renova must be used to clear the remaining marks. Anyone know if this is a general recoomendation?

Expert ImagePharmacist

HG,

Comparing retin-a with renova you'll find that both contains 0,5 mg of the active ingredient tretinoin per one gram cream. Retin-a, however also contains. The cream is a prescription item and I'd recommend discussing its use with your prescribing doctor first. This type of cream is usefull in the treatment of some types of acne as well as for the the topical treatment of hyperpigmentation, roughness and fine wrinkling of photodamaged skin.