Question
Posted by: AD | 2007/07/26

Rennies - Antacids

I am 23 weeks pregnant & have always taken Rennies Antacid sucking tablets to relieve heartburn. They seem to help more than the others. Someone just told me that I SHOULD NOT be taking Rennies as it is very bad whilst pregnant. Is this true? Why?

Rennies are fine.

2
Posted by: AD | 2007/08/01

Thanks Angeline for the great response.

Reply to AD
Posted by: Angeline | 2007/07/27

During the early stages of my pregnancy I was drinking bottles full of Gaviscon, which worked really well. I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and have found Rennies to be more effective and easier to use. I spoke to my gynae about it and he said that Rennies are just fine to use. They also help with your calcium levels as they are rich in calcium and added magnesium. He mentioned that just two tablets a day is the equivalent of 1000mg of calcium. This is great as I am one of the unlucky ones who gets ill from my additional calcium tabs. Good luck with this!

Reply to Angeline