Posted by: Ashley | 2007/05/08

Renial Falure

My Cat has been diagnoised with Renial Failure, and we have been told to put her on the hills kd diet, she is taking to the food, but I am wanting to know if there is prehaps somewhere other than the vet that I can buy this food? Could you prhaps help, and what else can I do to make her more comfortable?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

No the k/d is a prescription diet that is only available from your vet. She can have vitamin and anabolic steroid injections periodically.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Joni | 2007/05/08


So sorry to hear about your kitty!! Unfortunately you are feeding a prescription diet which is only available from your Vet. How severe and advanced is the renal failure? If it is very very advanced unfortunately there is nothing you can really do but spoil your kitty with whatever she'll tolerate. If its not too advanced I've heard of owners who connect drips etc. themselves to help flush out the toxins that build up due to the kidneys not working, but am not sure how that works.

I'm sure someone else will chime in with some more info.

You & your kitty are in our thoughts!

Reply to Joni

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.