Question
Posted by: Stoffel | 2008/01/16

Renal Diet

Hi , I am in need of the services of a decent dietician to amend my diet . I am a stage 4 kidney failure patient and am looking for :
- a decent dieticien to assist ( I stay in Alberton JHB ) The one I have been in contact with is not convincing / competent
- have to restrict protein , sodium , phosphates , etc
- any recipes available to try
- any lists of local products that will assist to b informed of what to avoid and what to eat more of .
Much appreciated
Stoffel

Dear Stoffel
I can for obvious reasons not recommend a dietitian directly, but you can visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find another dietitian in your area or close by. You can also phone the Head Office of the Association for Dietetics in SA (ADSA) at (011) 789-6621 or 789-1383 and ask if they can refer you to a dietitian who specialises in renal diets. Renal diets are very tricky and because of all the restrictions they tend to be monotonous, so do see another dietitian to assist you with this problem.