Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2005/01/12

Renal diet

Elderly husband being probed for kidney failure/colon cancer.
Help.

Dear Sandy
I apologise for only answering your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital. I am so sorry to hear about your dear hubby and hope that he is receiving the best possible medical care. If there is not a dietitian attached to the hospital where he is being treated, then I would urgently advise you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help by working out a diet that takes your hubby's conditions into account, as well as any treatments he may have to receive, such as chemo- or radiation therapy, or an operation. She/he will also assist you with guidelines on a diet that protects against cancer and kidney failure.
Holding thumbs for you