Posted by: Sandy | 2005/01/12

Renal diet

Elderly husband being probed for kidney failure/colon cancer.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Sandy
I apologise for only answering your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital. I am so sorry to hear about your dear hubby and hope that he is receiving the best possible medical care. If there is not a dietitian attached to the hospital where he is being treated, then I would urgently advise you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help by working out a diet that takes your hubby's conditions into account, as well as any treatments he may have to receive, such as chemo- or radiation therapy, or an operation. She/he will also assist you with guidelines on a diet that protects against cancer and kidney failure.
Holding thumbs for you

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.