Question
Posted by: Hestie | 2004/10/11

Removal of tube

With etopic pregnancy, if the tube is removed is it still possible to have children?

Yes, if the other tube is normal

1
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/11

Yes. My one tube was lost due to an ectopic pregnancy. 5 months later I fell pregnant again (without fertility treatment) and am now mother to a healthy 8 month old after a trouble free pregnancy.

Having one tube does lessen your chances of conceiving, so it can take you longer than other couples. You are also more likely to fall pregnant in the months when you ovulate on the side of your remaining tube.

You can have IVF. We will go this route if after 18 months of trying naturally for baby two we have not yet conceived.

Reply to Purple