Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2007/08/10

Remeron

Hi. I have recently gone onto Remeron 15mg. However, when I take it at night, I get so tired, that people think that I am taking drugs. If I have a sip of alcohol, this effect is actually doubled and I just loll about. Is this normal? I have only been on the medication for 4 days. thanks.

With ANY antidepressant, it is not adviseable to combine them with alcohol --- they make you far more drunk that you'd expect, and the alcohol also undermines the effectiveness of the medication. 4 days is early, as side-effects of any med are worst in the first couple of weeks, so persevere with this useful med. And from your description, it sounds as though you are taking the med "at night" but then partying or socializing after taking it, and that is never wise. Cut back the night-time csocializing, and take the med when you're going to bed

2
Posted by: Morne | 2008/03/20

I am recently diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression. The main problem is to sleep at night and remeron are recommended. Can you please inform me more about the specific medication.

Reply to Morne
Posted by: Joey | 2007/08/10

I was prescribed with Remeron for depression, inability to sleep caused by the depression and I also suffer from anxiety - these combinations were a deciding factor for what my doctor prescribed to me because Remeron helps you to sleep and it also has some type of a tranquiliser in it for anxiety. Perhaps these symptoms are relevant to you which would be why your doctor suggested that you take Remeron. When I first started taking it it really knocked me, but after a few weeks you get used to it and you don't feel so tired - you just get a good nights sleep. I found it to work fantastically for all my symptons. I would strongly suggest that you don't drink alcohol while you're taking this type of medication - the effects of the alcohol are greater than usual and its dangerous.

Reply to Joey