Question
Posted by: Josh's mom | 2008/01/24

relocating

HI CS

My bf as asked me to move with him to CT. And i dont know what to do.... i am so scared of making the move...or not making the move and loosing him...
I have lived in JHB my whole life. I will have to leave my family and my friends and my job that i love!! i know that im very much a creature of habit so change is not something that i like embracing!!
And what if things dont work out for me and my bf if i go there???

Also, i wanted to know what kind of impact it will have on my 3 year old son? He is used to seeing his granny every day... and he loves his creche...so it will also be a big adjustment for him! too..

I just wish that this decision was easy...but its the most difficult decision ive ever had to make!!

It doesn't sound like the move is a very good idea, but we obviously can't make such a major decision for you. Maybe a session or two with a good local counsellor would help you to examine all aspects of this situation and make a wiser decision yourself ? Are there really very good reasons for your bf to move to Cape Town ? It sounds as though this would be disruptive for you and your child and family, with no real advantages. How secure is this relationship ? What are the chances that you might break up there, and be left all alone in CT ?