Question
Posted by: advise | 2004/11/09

religious holidays

can anyone please advise me on the rules regarding religious holidays,,i celebrate diwali soon,and i was told that i cannot have my days leave,due to deadlines,,but i need to take leave for this religious celebration,where could i get more info about this?

Not my area of expertise. But check with the Dept of Labour about your right to leave for religious holidays.

2
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/11/09

hi there

no way - you are entitled to take leave

enjoy

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/09

Hi Advise,

Seeing as you have internet would it not be a good idea to look it up on the DTI site, or call you local manpower offices? If you find a reasonable answer I would like to know as well.

Personally I think it's unfair, but also, could it not be negotiated in a way that you put in extra time to fulfil the dealine requirements & work in your time that you'd need off?

Take care,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun