Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2004/01/16

Religious gays -homophobic christians

What I cannot understand, why do Christian ALWAYS have such a problem with gay christians? What is it?
Did Jesus not die for us aswell?
What is the difference - one steels, one lies, one cheats on his wife/husband; etc. Is that ok because i don't here them talk about these matters or issues but they are So quick to judge. Could some one please help me - I am looking for the verse in the Bible where God appointed judges - those who can say who whill make it or who can go in or who must stay outside. please i would like to have this urgently

Dear Kevin,
Sadly, some people who call themselves Christians, are exceedingly narrow-minded and uncharitable towards others, and include homophobia among their prejudices. I say "call themselves" because my understanding was that according to the Bible, Christ set an outstanding example of charity and lack of prejudice, and being non-judgemental, , and it sems sad that those who most loudly announce that they follow Him, so often so conspicuously fail to follow His most excellent example in this respect.
I don't know if someone here can provide you with the text ref you seem to be seeking, but maybe someone else can. Be proud of who you are, and make sure you work towards becoming the very best You that you can be, rather than a tepid imitation of whatever someone else's expectations would push you to be. And check out on a good websearch, there are surely some eloquent gay christian sites which would be supportive and understanding.

4
Posted by: Brownsuga | 2004/01/23

"Christian's sin" That;s just it. So does everyone else. But being a christian does not give you the right to judge who's sin is better or worse. And to say you "walk in sin no more" is against even what the bible sais. No human is sin free. As far a gays are concerned, unless you are gay, you will never know what it's like. So walk a mile in their shoes before you judge them.

Reply to Brownsuga
Posted by: Cristian | 2004/01/20

Romans for one - please read the entire book - its extremely important. Christians sin - and repent. That is the key - to repent, feel horribly wrong, ask for forgiveness and walk in sin no more.
There are many studies available and i suggest starting at World Wide Web dot GraceToYou dot Com
This is a wonderfull website and has a link to a daily broadcast on various subjects.

Reply to Cristian
Posted by: rosie | 2004/01/16

Yes, some people are very closed-mided. But not all Christians are homophobic. If your religious beliefs are important to you and this is an issue for you, try to find a group who can accept this. I promise they do exist.

Reply to rosie
Posted by: Berry | 2004/01/16

Hi. Iam not religous, but i do have an open mind.
I think everyone has the right to be who we are. no ne should judge that, and if god did make all of us, there is a verse inthe bible that says we are all made in his image.
Be who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Berry