Question
Posted by: Nats | 2005/06/27

reliability of the pill after missing

I am currently using the pill Mercillon, I was supposed to start a new pack on saturday but forgot and so missed the pill on saturday and then took that first pill on sunday afternoon. My husband and i had sex on friday and i was reading the insert of my pill pack and it said the reliability could be compromised and i must consult my doctor. Can this lead to pregnancy and must i consult my doctor or is pregnancy unlikely?

It is unlikely that you will fall pregnant from the intercourse on Friday, but you should use extra precautions for the next 7 days. To be absolutely sure, you could take the emergency pill.

1
Posted by: Nats | 2005/06/27

Hi, the chances are very slim, if you are very concerned, take a morning after pill. The pill stays in your body for a long time. One favour please, I'm a regular on this site, and I'm 27 weeks pregnant, so please could you change your nickname, as it could get confusing if I all of a sudden ask pill questions. Thanks

Reply to Nats