Question
Posted by: Jessica1 | 2005/12/13

Releasing negative feelings

Dear Cybershrink

I would like to find out whether spirtual healing is a good thing for releasing negative emotions and feelings and if it is safe to go for such ''healing counselling'' whilst pregnant. I think they call it mind healing as well not too sure, I would like to find out more about this, and where one can go, if you can by any chance advise, or any one else on the forum..

Best Wishes !

No, it isn't a good thing. This sounds awfully like quackery --- a method of therapy / healing conducted by unqualified people ( if they don't have full training and qualifications as a psychiatrist or psychologist ) using a method that has never ever been scientifically tested to prove it to be effective and safe. Too often, people come to harm by going to people, generally unqualified, who claim to be spiritual or religious healers, and can be seriousl damaged and/or exploited financially. Don't do it.
See a properly registered and qualified local psychologist to assess you ( ANY therapy given without a competent assessment and diagnosis is risky ) and discussion of proper treatment options