Posted by: $$$$$ | 2008/07/09

I broke up with my boyfriend of 3yrs yesterday but I do not feel hurt by the whole break up instead I feel relieved is this normal or is it that this year we spent the whole of March not speaking to each other and when I finally broke the silence by telling him that we were better of apart he wanted to make up and we did.

Well to cut a long story short we had become more like brother and sister just always there for each other, we have'nt been sexually active for about 6mths and it never really bothered me that we were'nt sleeping together anymore. Is it normal for me to be feeling this way CS. I find that ever since I had my child ( not his ) Im not that bothered by all the complexity of relationships, I focuss too much time on my son Im very possesie about him and sometimes I think it's because I had a bad relationship with my son's father emotional and physical abuse, my son is 4yrs old and Im 27.

Entirely normal. But if you are in an abusive relationship, call POWA and discuss it, and plan to leave i safely --- it is never any good for a child to witness the abuse of its mother