Question
Posted by: lee | 2007/02/20

Relationship probs.. can you help?

Hi ther. Not sure if you can help me but im sure knowledge of the psyche may be able to.
I found out after 7 months of dating that my boyfriend and his brother 'swopped' their long-time (now ex) girlfriends for one night and had intercourse. He said they had just gone off drugs. This really shocked. Am i making a good decision here by being with someone who loved someone else but still did that?
Also, if i doubt our relationship in the future does that mean that it wont work? I truly love him and have never been more comfortable and open with anyone before. but he often does things that hurt me (such as leaving me on valentines day to club) and i keep these things locked in me for ammo use later cause if he really loved me as much as he says he does, i really dont think he would do those things to me. And recently he says he needs some space. He's worked late 2 nights in a row and i havent seen him. He's just acting very weird lately. And he wants me to go away this weekend with my parents (which happens like once a year) instead of being home alone all weekend with him. Thats not something i think a male would give up easily. Can you read deeper into this than me? I often think that in the future he'll cheat on me or do something terrible and end us. Seems like that type of person. Must i wait around for it and be devastated when it does or leave and preserve some dignity? Can you make anything out of this? There isn't a relationship expert here :(

Nothing you say about this relationship sounds like one likely to succeed in the medium, let alone the long-term. He is cruel and unkind at times ; he abuses drugs to the point of doing grubby and unwise things while influenced by them, and is swopping ex's for sex ? You feel the need to save up hurts for later use as ammo ? What's loveable about all that ?

2
Posted by: YY | 2007/02/21

Doesn't sound healthy at all. Keep your dignity and walk away NOW.

Reply to YY
Posted by: G | 2007/02/21

What are you doing with this guy????? Run and get out of it??

Read back over your own question carefully - you even answered your own question ... you say that you love him and have never felt so comfortable, yet you go on to say about not trusting him, the seedy things he has done, his strange behaviour towards you and hinting at suspicion that he is either cheating on you now or that he will do so in future.

You know what the anser is yourself - now get out NOW and don't look back - you DESERVE much better and YOU KNOW IT!!

Reply to G